Home / Blog
P11D Benefits & Expenses (P11D) Training
6 April 21 | By: Jas Jhooty
After 15 years of little change, there was a major change in company car taxation that commenced in April 2020. For the first time these changes have to be reported on this year’s P11D forms.
Also, the long-awaited extension to the Class 1A NIC charge relating to taxable termination payments also has to be reported on this year’s P11D form.
You may also need up to the minute advice on how to report expenses and benefits provided to your employees to allow for their homeworking, as a result of COVID-19 lockdowns.
New course syllabus for 2021Our 2021 Benefits & Expenses training course has been extensively rewritten in the concise, clear, easy-to-understand format that we have become well known for. It provides practical advice on how to apply the very latest legislative changes including:
- Full explanation of the effect of the new Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) on company car taxation
- How to calculate the Class 1A NIC charge & completing forms P11D b – including details of extensions to the Class 1A NIC charge applying to Termination payments exceeding £30,000 from April 2020
- Providing expenses and benefits to your employees during COVID-19; understanding which items will need to be reported, and how to report them, but also what could be provided tax free
As well as the above brand new content, we also provide full refresher training on how to calculate cash equivalents of benefits-in-kind for all P11D sections, paying particular attention to:
- Living Accommodation
- Mileage Allowances
- Company Vans
- Beneficial Loans
- Medical Benefit
- Private Use of Assets
- Relocation Expenses
Other areas covered include:
- The new PAYE Settlement Agreement rules – including best practice on how to collate PSA details efficiently
- Refresher on Optional Remuneration legislation
- Refresher on how to utilise the Trivial Benefits exemption
- How to voluntarily payroll benefits
- How to process expenses under the new automatic dispensation regime
Attendees will also have the opportunity to discuss their own business scenarios such as the COVID-19 impact, homeworking, dual workplaces, staff and client entertaining and incentivising employees.
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify exactly what has to be reported on P11D returns
- Determine how the various benefits-in-kind are calculated
- Avoid making common P11D mistakes
- Appreciate the importance of maintaining policies and processes to ensure compliance
- Meet their new legislative obligations and responsibilities
This course is delivered online. A maximum of 8 delegates from your organisation can attend the online courses. If you prefer, one-to-one online training can also be delivered.
The costs for each type of course are as follows:
- Online course for up to 8 delegates – £800 + VAT
- One-to-one online training – £400 + VAT
Continuing Professional Development
Our course content meets the criteria to be counted towards Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as set out by the Chartered Institute of Taxation and Association of Taxation Technicians, and is more than sufficient to count towards other learned bodies (e.g. AAT, CIMA, CIPP CIPD etc.) as well.
The timetable is for a two/three hour session in the morning followed by a two/three hour session in the afternoon dependent on numbers of individual queries raised. We are therefore more than happy to issue you with a certificate that you have received a day’s CPD training in a refresher course on Benefits & Expenses tax legislation after you have completed the training course.
We are proud to be able to offer the most affordable and most thorough P11D Tax Technical training course available.To register your interest please click here indicating your preferred training date.
If you require any more information please do not hesitate to ring us on 0345 548 3680 or email us at email@example.com